I have set up a bedroom in my new apartment for the Digital Nomad type of traveler - working remotely while living in an interesting city for a few months.
The impetus to do this is due to the high cost and hassle of renting a short-term apartment in this city.
I'm a retired software engineer from Canada who has lived in 7 countries and traveled to 68, so I have a soft spot for similar techies exploring the planet while they make a living in the new world of the digital nomad.
Here are the details:
- No smokers. Absolutely no smokers. Even a little bit. Got it? Good.
- You are neat & tidy, trustworthy, quiet and respectful of my home.
- No pets at this time. Sorry.
- Minimum duration is 32 days to comply with Barcelona's rental regulations. Maximum is a few months, as I'm not looking for a long-term renter, but people who are living here for a short time.
- The apartment is near the Liceu Theater just off La Rambla in the center of the city. The Liceu metro station is 3 minutes walk, as are several bus routes.
- The apartment is one floor above ground level with 2 modern elevators and a stairwell. The 1900 building was gutted and rebuilt 20 years ago and this unit was fully refurbished just before I moved in. It is secure with a locked door and intercom at the ground level entrance.
- The apartment has air conditioning, which is rare for the city and especially for this area.
- The apartment has gigabit fiber and Wifi 6 bringing over 400 mbps service in your room for trouble-free video conferencing and web site access.
- Your room has a locking door, single bed, large wardrobe cabinet, desk and a large glass door opening onto a small balcony. See the pictures below.
- If you are affected by a bit of noise from the rare pedestrian at night, you can choose the small internal bedroom with a double bed, but the priority for that will be for my overseas friends coming to visit.
- You will have your own private bathroom off the main hallway with a shower stall.
- You will have access to a large living room and dining room with a large table you can work at.
- The kitchen is modern with new appliances including a washer/dryer, dishwasher, fridge, oven, inductive cooktop and microwave. You will have your own cupboard for storing food items and a shelf in the fridge and freezer. I am allergic to onions so I would ask that you not make any food with them.
- The rent will be very reasonable and includes all utilities such as Wifi, electricity, water, gas. We can discuss your budget.
- I ask only for a one-month deposit which will be used to cover any significant damage. Normal wear & tear is not an issue.
- I am renting directly so you will not pay any agency fees.
Send me an email at mwbrown 42 at gmail dot com so we can discuss your needs and timing.